Trying to get the benefits of Omega 3 Fatty acids, but unsure what to eat?
Omega Three Fatty Acids; EPA, DHA, can be found in animal sources, while the plant sources are rich in ALA acids. Fatty fish like Mackeral, tuna, herring, and salmon are excellent Omega three fatty acids sources.
Try some of these recipes to get all of the benefits that the Omega 3’s have to offer!
Chia Seed Pudding
1/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 c. almond or oat milk
2 -3 T. agave
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. chia seeds
- Put cocoa powder in a medium bowl and using a whisk to remove any large lumps.
- Add agave, salt, and vanilla and whisk together.
- Slowly whisk the milk into the cocoa mixture until smooth.
- Add chia seeds and whisk into the mixture.
- Distribute into 4 equal portions in small bowls and refrigerate for 3-5 hours or overnight.
Salmon in Parchment with red-skinned potatoes and asparagus
1 pound of salmon filet, rinsed and patted dry
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and washed
2 dozen red-skinned golf-ball-size potatoes, washed and cut in half
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
4 sheets of Parchment paper (approximately 14″ X 14″)
- Preheat oven to 350 conventional oven or 325 convection.
- Cut salmon into 4 equal pieces.
- Place one sheet of parchment paper on a large cutting board, place salmon in the center; diagonally, and place 4-5 asparagus spears on one side of the salmon and 6-8 potato pieces on the other.
- Drizzle 1 T of olive oil over the salmon, potatoes, and asparagus. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place a sprig of fresh dill on the salmon.
- Bring the corners of the parchment paper together at the tips, fold tightly and place under the salmon so it is tightly sealed. Place on a sheet pan, and repeat the process with the other pieces of salmon, asparagus, and potatoes.
- After all of the salmon has been wrapped in parchment, place the sheet pan in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and plate on individual dishes.
4-6 cups of fresh basil leaves, washed and air dried
2-4 cloves of garlic
1 c. olive oil
1/3 c. walnuts
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
Fresh ground black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse garlic.
- In small batches, add the basil to the food processor and pulse, then add the walnuts and cheese while drizzling oil into the mixture.
- Pulse together until smooth.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper.
Grilled Tuna Steaks
4 -5 ounce tuna steaks
1 t. coriander
1 t. cumin
1 t. garlic
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix spices.
- Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry.
- Coat both sides of the fish with the spice blend.
- Grill or broil; 4 minutes on each side or to an internal temperature of 130.
- Remove from heat and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply